fembrogweblog

The wonderful world of brogues as worn by women, and sometimes men.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lessons in Fembrog

We don't know how lucky we are to have the UK high street, the amount of choice is staggering. Sure there are bad points, prices seem to have gone up and there's always the question of ethical labour; but on the whole compared other countries, esp the US us brits have got it good. So given all the choice I have decided to give a fembrog high street round-up, starting with Faith. I'm sorry to start on a negative note, but the shoe below, 'Celina', is a monstrosity, cover ye eyes wenches! Note the spike heel; fembrog wearers have no need for spike heels as they never get into fights or need to vamp it up down their local JD Sports Wetherspoons. I quite like the 'Carlin', bit office-wear but getting warmer. I really like this preppy brog, despite the heel 'Cai' is good looking, its a bit retro, a bit laydee, and has a dash of 80's Wall Street. Another contender is the 'Acapella', a flat suede pump which also comes in pink, kinda cutesy for me but I still like them.

My favourite from Faith, even though they are pretty OTT, are the Ajazzaday brogs. Insanity and frivolity are two of the best things about being a woman, and Faith have combined these qualities in a shoe. This probably the first time ever gold and silver styles of a shoe have been the toned down versions.... I love em!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am completely obsessed with brogues right now, so finding your site is awesome! I followed your site from Catwalk Queen. Who knew there were so many shoes with brogue details?

You ladies (and gentlemen) in the UK ARE really lucky. Here in Spain finding a beautiful shoe in my size without paying an extortionate amount is almost impossible. You have so many choices over there too.

5:52 pm  
Blogger Sam and Iso said...

Hey Naomi,
Glad you like the Brogues!
Many of the shoes on the UK high street are plastic or 'pleather', so you're lucky to live somewhere where they still make good quality shoes.

4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home